Isle Of Wight Festival festival organizer John Giddings has said that he is hoping to secure an ‘American Trilogy’ of headliners for the festival in 2012.
The festival has only confirmed one headliner so far, Bruce Springsteen, who will headline the festival’s final night (June 24), but Giddings has now said that he is hoping to secure two other American headliners for the event’s other nights.
Speaking to eFestivals, Giddings responded to a question about whether he was looking to book three American headliners by confirming he made offers to two other US acts as well as Springsteen. He also said that the festival’s second stage ‘The Big Top’ would have “more dance and urban acts than ever before”.
Giddings said of his potential three US headliners:
Well I’ve made offers to them, so let’s not tempt fate, but I’m aiming for the ‘American Trilogy’. What that means is that in the ‘Big Top’ I’m going to have more dance and urban acts than I’ve ever had before.
Giddings also confirmed that the festival’s date would return to early June in 2013, rather than the later weekend of June 22-24, which is the date of this year’s event. The festival has moved this year to avoid a clash with half-term.
He said of this: “We’ll move to our normal weekend next time, it was just for one year only because the ferry companies told me they couldn’t handle the traffic. Half term has moved back by a week next year, but it won’t be there the week after next.”
For more information about the festival, see Isleofwightfestival.com.
To check the availability of Isle Of Wight Festival tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.