We Came As Romans to continue and tour after death of Kyle Pavone

"We’ll be continuing on the five of us, and honouring his life"

We Came As Romans have announced that they’ll be continuing as a band and touring in the Autumn, following the death of frontman Kyle Pavone.

Pavone was taken to hospital in Michigan on August 19 before his death on August 25. The band then issued a statement to reveal that he died of an overdose – as well as setting up the Kyle Pavone Foundation.

Now, the band have shared a video on Facebook in which co-vocalist Dave Stephens states that We Came As Romans will be continuing, ahead of a scheduled tour with Bullet for My Valentine.

“We decided that the best course of action for the band is to do the Bullet for My Valentine tour. We feel like this honours Kyle,” said Stephens. “We can talk about the Kyle Pavone Foundation, and carry on doing what he would have wanted us to do and us be together on stage, playing music together, with our fans.”

He added: “We will not be replacing Kyle. We’ll be continuing on the five of us, and honouring his life for the next few weeks while we’re on tour.”

Speaking earlier this month, the band said: “The opposite of addiction is connection. If you are feeling disconnected or lost, there is help. Please take action, whether that is talking to your families and friends, meeting with a counsellor or joining a support group. If you are a friend of family member of someone who is struggling, do not be silent! If you are an artist in need of support through your struggle, we have created the Kyle Pavone Foundation in Kyle’s honour to help.”

“We look forward to celebrating Kyle’s life again at a public event in early October at the Fillmore in Detroit.”

We Came As Romans’ Kyle Pavone

Forming in 2005, Pavone joined the group in 2008 following the departure of Chris Moore. Pavone became the longest serving vocalist of the band, releasing five studio albums with the group including their most recent,’Cold Like War’ in 2017.