CeeLo Green appeared on Facebook Live last night (December 17) after footage spread online of a phone exploding in his hand.
In the video, Green is knocked out of his seat and lies completely still on the floor, prompting concern for his wellbeing from fans.
The musician used his social media platform to assure fans he was fine and said the video was part of an upcoming project, as Complex reports.
“I just want to let everybody know that I am alive, that I’m well, and I’m OK,” he explained. “Truthfully, I’m really upset that anybody had to be emotionally disturbed by what they saw today.
“What you saw today was a clip from a smaller video that we were shooting for a new project I’m doing called Gnarly Davidson. It’s supposed to set up […] and introduce the new character identity.”
He added: “I want to thank everybody for their love and support and concern.”
Posted by CeeLo Green on Saturday, December 17, 2016
Though fake, the footage Green posted mirrors a real life crisis for Samsung. In October, the company announced that they would be ‘permanently discontinuing’ the production and sale of their S7 Edge phone, after customers reported that it was ‘exploding’.
After millions of the model had been sold, users began to report them overheating and ‘exploding’ – before manufacturers advised them to ‘switch them off’ to prevent further danger.
Now, the phone will longer be made. “Taking our customer’s safety as our highest priority, we have decided to halt sales and production of the Galaxy Note 7,” said Samsung in a statement.