The singer is seeking treatment for addiction to prescription drugs
The singer and her sister have both begun rehabilitation programs to treat their addictions to prescription drugs.
The 63-year-old said in a statement that she is undergoing treatment for an addiction to the same medication that Prince overdosed on. An autopsy recently found that he had taken too much of the opioid painkiller Fentanyl when he died on April 21.
“Unfortunately, I will miss concert appearances over the summer,” she said, Billboard reports. “However, it’s vital that I put my health and well-being first. I know that I am disappointing some of my fans, but I also know they would want me to recover and be well and healthy.”
Khan said her and her sister Yvonne Stevens had “agreed we would take this journey together and support each other through the recovery.”
“The tragic death of Prince has had us both rethinking and reevaluating our lives and priorities,” she said. “We knew it was time to take action to save our lives. My sister and I would like to thank everyone for their support, love and prayers.”