The R&B singer pulled out of a concert in the country last year
Chris Brown has been forced to stay in the Philippines over a contract dispute.
The R&B singer’s private jet was refused departure by the nation’s immigration bureau over a fraud incident relating to the cancellation of a show on New Year’s Eve last year.
A profanity-filled video on Brown’s Instagram, later deleted, heard him say: “Can somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on? I don’t know. I’m reading headline after headline. What the fuck? What the fuck is going on?”
Brown was set to play the Philippine Arena last year, but claims to have lost his passport the day before the concert.
The police are investigating whether criminal charges can be pressed against Brown due to loss of earnings.
The singer’s private jet was due to depart on Wednesday, following his show in Manila on Tuesday (July 21) night, however the Philippines Bureau of Immigration prevented him from doing so until the fraud claims have been settled.
A spokesperson for the Bureau of Immigration, Dana Mengote, said: “The Bureau of Immigration placed international artist Chris Brown and his promoter, John Michael Pio Roda, in its immigration lookout bulletin, pursuant to an order by the Department of Justice”.
In a second video on the singers Instagram account, which was again removed, Brown said: “I didn’t do nothing” whilst throwing his hands up and break-dancing in front of a television, likely to be in his hotel room.
The singer is said to be currently staying in a hotel in the capital until he settles the dispute and proves there are no grounds for fraud charges.