Chris Brown’s Las Vegas assault charges dropped

The R&B star allegedly punched a man during a basketball game

Chris Brown has had a battery charge dropped after he allegedly assaulted a man last weekend in Las Vegas (May 2).

The man, who claimed the singer punched him during a basketball game at Palms Casino Resort, has dropped out of the criminal case.

Billboard reports that Las Vegas police have confirmed the news.

Brown’s rep had previously denied that the singer was involved in an altercation: “He has a suite at the hotel that has a basketball court and invited friends to come play,” the rep said in a statement to CNN. “An unruly individual showed up uninvited and was removed from the premises. Chris was not in an altercation with this person.”

In March, Chris Brown confirmed that he is no longer on probation following his assault on then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009. Brown’s probation officer reportedly told a Los Angeles judge that his client had satisfactorily completed his community service six years and one month after the original incident.

Earlier this year (February 6), Los Angeles police searched Brown’s car after receiving an anonymous tip that his passenger was carrying a gun. It was reported at the time Brown was attending rapper TI’s pre-Grammy party at Hollywood’s Sayer nightclub when law enforcement detained a friend of the singer before searching his Lamborghini. No weapon was found by the police officers.

This followed a separate incident during an appearance at a San Jose nightclub when Brown was forced to flee the stage after gunshots were fired. Five people were injured in the gunfire and several people were arrested following the incident.