It had been reported over the weekend that the MGM Grand Casino in Las Vegas on September 22 had been booked for a charity fight between the two men, but Brown has dismissed this, calling the reports “a sad attempt at PR”.
Speaking to online gossip website Rumor Fix a representative for Brown said: “No [a fight is not planned]. This is a sad attempt at PR for the people who were/are promoting it.” A representative for Drake has also called the reports “false”.
The challenge was set up after the pair had been involved in a alleged nightclub brawl, after it was alleged that upon discovering they were in the same club, Brown sent a bottle over to Drake’s table. The Toronto rapper then approached Brown and started arguing over Rihanna, Brown’s ex-girlfriend who Drake also had a short relationship with.
Though no arrests were made over the brawl, the feud is still thought to be ongoing and celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman has revealed that billionaire digital media entrepreneur Alki David wants to capitalise by staging a fight between the pair, for which he’ll pay them $1 million each and give a further $1 million to charity.
Speaking to New York Daily News, Feldman said of his hopes for the fight: “Obviously they have a grudge. It’s just three one-minute rounds. No one will get seriously hurt.”
Chris Brown is currently promoting his new album ‘Fortune’ while Drake recently completed his world tour in support of his latest album ‘Take Care’.