Band have pulled current tour dates following Paris attacks
Deftones have rescheduled their gig at London’s Wembley Arena to June next year.
The band were due to headline the venue tonight (November 21) but pulled their whole European tour following the Paris attacks last week. Members of the band were at Le Bataclan on the night of the attacks with the group set to begin a three-day residency at the same venue the following day. 89 people were killed by terrorists on November 13.
Deftones Wembley gig will not take place on June 3. This falls directly before the band appear at next year’s Download Festival.
The annual event returns in 2016 with headliners Rammstein, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath announced last month (October). Download 2016 takes place on June 10-12, 2016 at the “spiritual home of rock” in Donington Park, Leicestershire.
Deftones pulled all of the dates immediately on November 13 and have since issued the following statement:
“Much has been said, as well as seen, on every media outlet about the events in Paris. Some of us were in attendance at the Le Bataclan, and the rest of our family, just blocks away on this night. We have been to Paris many, many times, and we’ve had some of the most amazing shows in this tremendously electric city.
With this being said, and with our deepest condolences, love and respect to everyone affected, and to all of us who share this planet, we must return home to our loved ones. We will return when appropriate. For ticket holders, we will have more information soon, so please hang tight. Until then, please never forget the power of gathering, and one of the most unbelievable feelings of all: that P.M.A.”
The band are due to release a new album in 2016, the follow up to 2012’s ‘Koi No Yakan’