DJ AM’s death ruled accidental drug overdose

Lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine to blame

The cause of DJ AM‘s death has been ruled as being from an accidental drug overdose.

The DJ, real name Adam Goldstein, was found dead last month with a crack pipe and prescription pill bottles scattered around his Manhattan apartment.

Reports from the New York City medical examiner’s office say that the 36-year-old died from “A lethal cocktail of prescription drugs and cocaine”, reports Associated Press.

The toxicology report, which was released Tuesday (September 29), shows the DJ had traces of several drugs in his system including cocaine, OxyContin, Benadryl and another drug used to cut cocaine.

Last year Goldstein survived a plane crash in South Carolina with Blink-182’s Travis Barker. The pair were the only people out of the six passengers to survive the accident, which occurred on take-off last September.