The boxing match between DMX and George Zimmerman has been cancelled.
On Saturday (February 8), Damon Feldman, the promoter behind the March 1 celebrity boxing bout, tweeted that he was “done with Zimmerman” and that he was pulling the match as “this was the wrong person to put in a the ring and define celebrity boxing”.
In a statement given to NME, a member of DMX’s management team, Domenick Nati of Nati Celebrity Services, said: “Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is cancelled via his Twitter. As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX’s fans. This situation will not affect any of DMX’s upcoming concerts in America or around the world.”
Speaking about the fight, DMX previously said he would fight for “every black person who has been done wrong in the system”. He continued: “I am going to beat the living fuck out him. I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I fuck him right up. Once I am done with him, I am going to whip my dick out and piss on him, right in his muthafuckin’ face.”
George Zimmerman was found not guilty of all charges he faced after shooting unarmed Trayvon Martin in February 2012. Claiming self-defence, the 30 year-old was cleared of all charges a year later.