"My friend, and a disruptor of this world"
Donatella Versace celebrated the life of Keith Flint by dedicating her latest menswear show to the late The Prodigy frontman.
The Italian fashion designer, who was friends with the musician, centred the designs in her spring/summer 2020 show on Flint’s style. The Prodigy’s hit, ‘Firestarter’, was blasted on the Milan catwalk this weekend with models bearing the double mohawks and tinted bug-eye sunglasses that Flint famously sported.
During the show Versace described Flint as “my friend, and a disruptor of this world”, The Guardian reports.
Flint died in March aged 49. At his inquest in May, the coroner said that suicide had been considered as the cause of his death but an open verdict was eventually reached on the grounds of lack of evidence.
Last month, his bandmates sent a message to fans encouraging them to seek help if troubled by mental health.
“It has been a tough time for everyone over the last few weeks since Keef’s passing,” the band wrote on Instagram. “If you are struggling with depression, addiction or the impact of suicide, please do not suffer in silence.
“The Prodigy fully support the campaign to improve mental health for all and give it the respect it deserves. For professional advice in the UK please visit
“For local services around the world, please seek help here.”
For help and advice on mental health visit:
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day