Guns N' Roses booted EODM off a tour way back in 2006
- Read More: Guns N’ Roses – Rank The Albums
The Jesse Hughes-fronted outfit announced the release of a “very special” vinyl earlier this week (November 8). Featuring a collection of rock ‘n roll covers, the LP will be limited to just 500 copies.
Titled ‘Pigeons of Shit Metal’, it features renditions of tracks by the likes of Ramones, Pixies, and AC/DC.
The record title is inspired by a diss from Axl Rose, who branded EODM ‘Pigeons of Shit Metal‘ after he kicked them off a Guns N’ Roses tour in 2006. Hughes and co. received a hostile reception from the crowd when opening for the ‘Paradise City’ band.
“So how’d you like the Pigeons Of Shit Metal?” Rose said onstage. “Don’t worry, that’s the last show they’re playing with us.”
It seems Eagles are able to see the funny side, then – 12 years later. The 10-track album even opens with a GnR cover, with the band taking on the ‘Appetite for Destruction’ track ‘It’s So Easy’.
Find more information on the record here and see the full tracklist below.
1. ‘It’s So Easy’ by Guns N Roses
2. ‘Beat on the Brat’ by the Ramones
3. ‘Gouge Away’ by the Pixies
4. ‘So Alive’ by Love and Rockets
5. ‘High Voltage’ (medley) by AC/DC
6. ‘Go with the Flow’ by Queens of the Stone Age
7. ‘The Hunger’ by the Distillers
8. ‘Abracadabra’ by the Steve Miller Band
9. ‘Gonna Leave You’ by Queens of the Stone Age
10. ‘Long Slow Goodbye’ by Queens of the Stone Age
Eagles of Death Metal’s last studio album came in the form of 2015’s ‘Zipper Down’.
Earlier this year, Jesse Hughes apologised for controversial comments he made about the student-led gun protests in America.
Meanwhile, Guns N’Roses’ Slash revealed that Axl Rose is working on new material with the band. “We’ll see what happens,” he said.