The singer's songs are the most commonly streamed on sleep-themed playlists
Music streaming platform Spotify have unveiled a list of the ‘most-streamed sleep songs’ on the service.
As Billboard reports, the company have unveiled a list of tracks that users most commonly add to sleep-themed playlists or in searches for music to use as sleep aides.
Ed Sheeran tops the list with his track ‘Thinking Out Loud’, which has been streamed 2.8 million times through sleep-themed playlists. Furthermore, the singer has six other songs on the Top 20 list.
Meanwhile, other artists more commonly used to induce sleepiness are Sam Smith, Ellie Goulding and Coldplay. See the full list beneath.
“‘Sleep’ is one of Spotify’s most popular categories, that people also use for general relaxation and to help themselves unwind,” Spotify’s VP of Global Communications Angela Watts explained.
1. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
2. Stay With Me – Sam Smith
3. Love Me Like You Do (from Fifty Shades of Grey) – Ellie Goulding
4. I See Fire – Ed Sheeran
5. I’m Not the Only One – Sam Smith
6. Rain for Sleep – Rain Sounds
7. All of Me – John Legend
8. Earned It (from Fifty Shades of Grey) – The Weeknd
9. Let Her Go – Passenger
10. Skinny Love – Birdy
11. Say Something – A Great Big World, Christina Aguilera
12. FourFiveSeconds – Rihanna, Paul McCartney, Kanye West
13. The A Team – Ed Sheeran
14. Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
15. Give Me Love – Ed Sheeran
16. Lay Me Down – Sam Smith
17. Fix You – Coldplay
18. Photograph – Ed Sheeran
19. Kiss Me – Ed Sheeran
20. Latch (Acoustic) – Sam Smith