Two teenagers have pleaded guilty to taking part the riots at the end of last year’s LEEDS FESTIVAL, which resulted in more than £250,000 damage.
Stuart Gunn, 18, of Strathaven and Nicolas Jones, also 18, of Acton, admitted using threatening or unlawful violence on August 25, after headliners Foo Fighters
closed the event.
Leeds Magistrate Court was told yesterday (January 14) that up to 200 festivalgoers went on the rampage at the Temple Newsham site.
Describing the scene as “a war zone”, prosecutor Helen Gaunt told the court that toilets and a portable building were burned to the ground.
The men are to return at a later date for sentencing at Leeds Crown Court.
A further eight people have been cited by the court, following intensive police investigations into the riots.