Fleetwood Mac have cancelled their gig in Manchester tonight (June 12) through illness.
The decision to pull the gig comes after the band postponed a date in Birmingham for the same reason earlier this week and just days before they are due to headline the annual Isle of Wight Festival.
A statement on the Manchester Arena website reads: “We are very sorry to announce that tonight’s Fleetwood Mac ‘On With The Show’ tour date in Manchester has been cancelled due to illness. The 1 July show will go ahead as planned.”
NME has approached a spokesperson for Isle of Wight Festival to determine whether the band will still perform at the event this weekend. There has been no reply at the time of writing.
Fleetwood Mac are scheduled to appear alongside fellow headline acts Blur, The Black Keys and The Prodigy at Isle of Wight Festival.
Speaking to NME in a recent interview, festival organiser John Giddings (who is also live agent for acts including Madonna, U2 and Sting) discussed his long battle to book the ‘Rumours’ band and what it means to beat Glastonbury to the big name booking.
“Michael Eavis said, ‘How did you get Fleetwood Mac?’ I said, I paid them!” he joked. “Glastonbury are in a privileged position, whereby they sell out in advance. They could book my granny and still have a festival. The rest of us are still in the realms of having to book a decent line-up and make it attractive to people and want them to come.”
Fleetwood Mac are also due to headline gigs in London, Glasgow and Leeds later this summer.