Flight of The Conchords have added another show to their rescheduled UK tour dates, after a recent injury forced them to postpone the shows.
The New Zealand comedy duo, comprised of Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie, halted their March and April tour of the UK after McKenzie injured his hand falling down the stairs.
“Unfortunately I’ve broken two bones in my hand today in a very rock ‘n’ roll injury – falling down some stairs”, he wrote at the time.
“The doctors have informed me that I won’t be able to perform for several weeks. I’m sorry not to be able to do these upcoming shows but I’m looking forward to coming back and finishing the tour when I have two fully functioning hands.”
Now, it’s been announced that they’ll play another show at London’s Eventim Apollo on July 1, along with the rest of their rescheduled dates across the UK this June and July. See a full list of new shows below with the new show highlighted in bold. Original tickets for the March dates remain valid for corresponding dates.
Tickets for the new show go on sale this Friday from 10AM and you can buy them here.
- Jun. 15 – Dublin, IE – 3Arena (rescheduled from March 25th)
- Jun. 16 – Dublin, IE – 3Arena (rescheduled from April 2nd)
- Jun. 18 – Glasgow, UK – SSE Hydro (rescheduled from March 26th)
- Jun. 20 – London, UK – The O2 (rescheduled from April 3rd)
- Jun. 21 – London, UK – The O2 (rescheduled from March 29th)
- Jun. 22 – London, UK – The O2 (rescheduled from March 30th)
- Jun. 24 – Leeds, UK – First Direct Arena (rescheduled from March 27th)
- Jun. 25 – Liverpool, UK – Echo Arena (rescheduled from April 1st)
- Jun. 26 – Birmingham, UK – Genting Arena (rescheduled from March 22nd)
- Jun. 28 – Manchester, UK – Arena (rescheduled from March 23rd)
- Jul. 01 – London, UK – Eventim Apollo
- Jul. 02 – London, UK – Eventim Apollo (rescheduled from March 18th
- Jul. 03 – London, UK – Eventim Apollo (rescheduled from March 19th)
- Jul. 04 – London, UK – Eventim Apollo (rescheduled from March 20th)
Flight Of The Conchords ran on HBO until 2009, following Clement and Bret McKenzie on their journey as “New Zealand’s fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo.”
Along with starring in their own hugely popular HBO show, the Conchords boys have also released two albums, a 2008 self titled effort and 2009’s ‘I Told You I Was Freaky’.