"Scott wrote the best fucking songs you'll ever hear"
“Scott wrote the best fucking songs you’ll ever hear and being a part of that changed all our lives forever. Hug your loved ones,” wrote the band on Instagram, along with a picture of the group together.
Grant Hutchison, Scott’s brother and bandmate, posted a photo of Scott as seen on stage from Grant’s position behind the drums.
“This was our space,” he wrote. “Between my seat and your microphone belonged to us. It was more than just air. There was something else there. An elasticity pulling us together. Energy thrown with the flick of a drumstick and rattled back with every jolt of your guitar.
“As memories fade and become fuzzier the one thing I remind myself of every single day is your laugh. It didn’t just fill rooms, it didn’t just fill theatres, it filled hearts and it will forever. Miss you H. You are my inspiration.”
On Tuesday (May 7), Hutchison’s family announced the launch of Tiny Changes, a mental health charity established in his memory.
It followed a crowdfunding page launched by Grant where fans could donate to the Scott Hutchison Fund, later used to establish the Tiny Changes charity.
For help and advice on mental health:
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day