The Worthy Farm bash has been approved up until 2024
Glastonbury Festival has been granted a new 10-year licence.
There was no opposition to the licence, which will allow the festival to continue until 2014 and will allow for more staff on the site. As BBC News reports, Mendip District Council said there was no need for a public hearing to discuss whether to approve the decision.
Under the new licence, the number of passes for performers and staff could rise by 25,500 to 63,000 by 2024. However, organisers have said the number of public tickets available, currently 135,000, will remain the same.
Arcade Fire have already been confirmed to headline the festival in 2014, which will take place between June 25 and 29. Other acts who have confirmed they are playing include Dolly Parton, Blondie and Lily Allen.
Jeannette Marsh, chair of Mendip District Council’s licensing board, said: “We recognise how important it is to get this world-famous event right, and the huge impact that it has on the local area and community, both positive and negative.”
Glastonbury Festival director Robert Richards said that the agreement was “an example of the same team spirit that makes the festival the success it is”.
Gallery: Everything we know so far about Glastonbury 2014