Singer says takes issue with his own official statement
The singer was caught up in a scuffle with a photographer at LAX airport on Wednesday (10). A message subsequently appeared on the official Guns N’ Roses MySpace page, MySpace.com/gunsnroses claiming that Rose was “accosted” by photographers who became “aggressive” with him, suggesting it was the photographers initiating the scuffle.
Now Rose has posted a new message on the MySpace page saying he did not authorise the original statement to go online.
“I did not release any statement or authorise either any statement or anyone to release a statement regarding anything at any airport anywhere,” he wrote.
“This nonsense may be some type of manufactured or publicity stunt,” he wrote, after suggesting that the message may have gone up because the band were working with new management.
Rose, currently on tour in Asia, said that the gigs had been going well, with new guitarist DJ Ashba part of the set up.
“Thanks to everyone who’s come out to see us,” he wrote. “It’s been really fun so far and the addition of our new guitarist DJ Ashba joining us along with guitarists Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Richard Fortus gives the night a kick in the pants.”
He signed off by seeming to slam the media in certain countries, following the band’s visit to places including North Korea.
“And to any publications running this,” he wrote, “please feel free to tack on whatever negative agenda supporting nonsense you generally do (you know who you are!). After all it’s only someone else’s livelihood you media police state, no fun, spoil sport, communist bastards.”
Watch video footage of the airport incident by clicking below.