"Let's build this list together."
A picture of an egg that became the most liked post of all time on Instagram has been revealed to be part of a mental health campaign.
The egg, affectionately known as Eugene, has now cracked after “feeling the pressure” of the global attention that it has received in the last month.
A message alongside the cracked egg also urged people to seek help if they’re experiencing mental health problems.
A caption alongside the latest post states: “Phew! I feel so much better now. If you’re feeling the pressure, visit talkingegg.info to find out more. Let’s build this list together.”
It originally attracted worldwide attention last month, after successfully dethroning Kylie Jenner as the “Queen of Instagram.”
An accompanying message stated: “Let’s set a world record together and get the most-liked post on Instagram. Beating the current world record held by Kylie Jenner (18 million)! We got this.”
The mission was accomplished only nine days later, when the egg surpassed the 18 million likes that Jenner secured for a photo that showed her holding hands with her newborn daughter, Stormi.
But Jenner wasn’t willing to take the defeat lying down and responded with an Instagram video that sees her cracking an egg open on the roadside, which quickly notched up over two million views.
Kylie Jenner’s previous record previously defeated the record held by Beyoncé – who had previously achieved 11.2 million likes with her pregnancy announcement in 2017.
For help and advice on mental health:
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day