Jay-Z’s Made In America festival is reportedly adding more security for 6ix9ine’s performance

The rapper is facing up to three years in prison for the alleged sexual exploitation of a child and other assault charges

The organisers behind Jay-Z‘s Made In America Festival are reportedly adding more security to next weekend’s event for 6ix9ine’s performance.

The rapper will appear in court on October 2 where he will face charges of sexual exploitation of a child and assault. He could be sentenced to up to three years in prison if he is found guilty.

6ix9ine is one of the performers booked to perform at next weekend’s (September 1-2) Made In America Festival in Philadelphia. A representative for the Mayor’s Office of Philadelphia reportedly told TMZ that extra security precautions were being taken across the weekend in general, but also specifically around the controversial rapper’s set.

Sources told the publication that the rapper himself had not requested extra security and that decision came from the festival organisers.

Shots were fired at 6ix9ine’s video shoot with 50 Cent earlier this month. Sources said at the time that they didn’t believe he or any other rapper on set were the targets.

Earlier this year, the musician was hospitalised after being kidnapped, attacked, and robbed in Brooklyn while filming another video. He later claimed it was an “inside job” and said he had suffered a “concussion trauma to the head” during the incident.

6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj collaborated on the recent single ‘Fefe’ but were barred from performing the track together at the MTV VMAs earlier this week (August 20). Minaj said event organisers had not “approved” 6ix9ine’s appearance, adding: “I don’t want anyone to think for a second that I wouldn’t invite him to perform his hit record. I want everyone to know my character. I really fought.”