As Sean Combs will be testifying on his own behalf, there is no need for Lopez to testify as well...
JENNIFER LOPEZ will not take the stand in the ongoing SEAN ‘PUFFY’ COMBS court case, publicists have confirmed.
In a statement released yesterday (February 27) by Combs’ publicist, Lopez said: “As Sean will testify on his own behalf, he and his lawyers have decided at this time it is not necessary for me to testify. I have told Sean that if he and his lawyers change their minds and require me to testify, I will be there immediately to tell the truth.”
Combs added that because he planned to testify himself, it was no longer necessary for her to be involved.
Since before the case began, speculation was rife as to whether Lopez would take the stand, and observers had doubted that Combs himself would give evidence.
Combs’ lawyer Benjamin Brafman told [url=]www.sonicnet.com that his case should be completed by Friday (March 2).
Combs and Lopez, who had been a couple at the time of the incident which led to the court case, in three people were shot in a New York nightclub on December 27, 1999, announced their break-up on February 14. Combs denies possessing a loaded gun and attempting to bribe a witness. His associate, rapper Jamal ‘Shyne’ Barrow, denies eight charges, including attempted murder, and bodyguard Anthony ‘Wolf’ Jones denies criminal possession of a weapon and bribing a witness.
In other Puffy news, the rapper has slated his long-awaited gospel album, ‘Thank You’, for a June 5 release.
The album will be released on his own Bad Boy Entertainment label and will feature vocals from R&B stars Brandy, Faith Evans, Carl Thomas, 112, Kelly Price and Joe, according to Sonicnet.
The record was predominately written and produced by Puffy and gospel singer Rev Hezekiah Walker, and a March release had initially been anticipated after it was completed in January, when the court case began.