NO SUNSHINE FOR K-CI

The star allegedly exposed his genitals in front of a crowd including young children at the weekend...

LOS ANGELES police are hunting R&B star K-Ci after the incident at Saturday’s (December 16) JINGLE BALL concert in the city’s SHRINE AUDITORIUM during which he allegedly exposed his genitals.

According to reports on [url=]www.mtv.com, K-Ci – who was performing with his brother and former Jodeci partner JoJo at the concert sponsored by KIIS radio station – will be charged with indecent exposure. Police officer Danielle Lee told MTV: “We haven’t been able to make any contact with him yet. But we are still pursuing him.”

K-Ci, real name Cedric Hailey, was reportedly seen leaving the venue in a limousine directly after the performance. Shocked parents and young members of the 4,000-strong audience, who had come to see Christina Aguilera, Bon Jovi and Macy Gray among others at the festive show, were seen leaving the auditorium and making complaints to police.

The radio station’s management apologised immediately after the duo left the stage and issued a statement reiterating that they “do not condone such behaviour”.

K-Ci and JoJo’s album ‘X’ is currently at 21 in the Billboard chart. In an exclusive interview with NMESOUL, K-Ci revealed that Jodeci – who were one of the first R&B groups to fully adopt the rap attitude and image, from the clothing to crotch-grabbing – are expected to reunite next year.

NMESOUL Editor Jackie Springer said that last time Jodeci appeared live in London, K-Ci dropped his jeans and lowered his boxer shorts revealing his pubic hair, and pointed out that suggestive behaviour isn’t exactly unheard of within R&B. “To be frank, I’m surprised that sort of thing doesn’t happen more. Women have been begging D’Angelo to perform live in the nude since his ‘naked’ appearance in the video for ‘Untitled (How Does It Feel?)’ and it’s worth remembering that many rap and R&B videos are now little more than stripper auditions. The line of sexual subtlety was crossed long, long ago.”

She added that the reaction to the alleged incident has “pretty much killed” the new album, ‘X’. “This adds to my personal suspicion that all is not well with the man. He seemed to avoid direct questions and appeared moody when we met for an interview earlier in December.”

Check out the interview on NMESOUL.COM –