Kelis has finally revealed what goes into her milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard.
Her 2003 hit ‘Milkshake’ went on to have global success – bagging a Grammy Award nomination in the process – but Kelis has never actually revealed the recipe for the iconic drink.
Now, she has finally shared her recipe, to coincide with National Chocolate Milkshake Day (Sept 12).
Releasing a step-by-step video, the secret ingredient for ‘My Milkshake’ has turned out to be none other than Baileys. Watch the video here and see the step-by-step guide below that.
1. Combine 3 oz Baileys, 8 oz of ginger beer, four scoops of chocolate ice-cream five pieces of candied ginger and a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a blender with ice.
2. Blend the milkshake until smooth.
3. Dip the rim of a glass in honey, before dipping in chilli and cinnamon sugar.
4. Pour into glass, top with ginger infused whipped cream and a piece of candied ginger.
5. Await all the boys in the yard.
Kelis trained in cooking at the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu school. She released a cookbook, My Life On A Plate in 2014 and has released her own range of sauces, Bounty & Full.
Last year, Kelis opened a pop-up burger restaurant in London. KELISxLEBUN was in association with burger restaurant Le Bun.