Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe on alleged manslaughter incident: ‘I don’t remember it’

Singer speaks as his bail is doubled to over $400,000 (£250,000)

Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe has spoken for the first time since he was arrested and charged with manslaughter earlier this month.

The singer remains in jail in Prague in the Czech Republic despite already posting bail of four million korun (£125,000). His arrest stems from an incident that took place on May 24, 2010 at the band’s show at Club Abaton in Prague.

According to reports, a fan jumped up onstage where a tussle ensued in which the fan, known only as Daniel N, was injured. N, who fell from the stage and hit his head on the venue’s concrete floor, later died, reportedly as a result of those injuries.

Speaking to local newspaper, Blythe said that he couldn’t remember the incident that had led to his arrest and only recalled a few scratchy details about the night in question.

Asked about the incident, he said: “I don’t know anything about any sort of incident [that allegedly took place during the concert]. I remember very few details about the show, mainly because I have played a lot of concerts [before and after the gig in question].”

He continued: “I just remember that the stage at the club was very small, and we barely managed to fit our equipment on there. Also, apparently there was a security guard there because many people climbed onto the stage – including one small boy, in particular, but I could be mixing up details with what happened at other clubs.”

Blythe then denied that he had attacked anyone and said that during any such incident he would have been merely protecting himself.

He added: “In any case, I did not attack anyone. The only way I could have come into contact with anyone from the audience was if I was protecting myself from [people bumping into me when climbing on the stage].”

In related news, Blythe’s bail in order to secure his temporary release has been doubled from just under $200,000 (£125,000) to over $400,000 (£250,000). The increase has occurred after local prosecutors raised objections to Blythe’s release.

Blythe faces up to 10 years in prison if found guilty. He will stand trial later this summer.