Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe leaves Prague a free man, but says, ‘I am in no way happy’

Frontman was acquitted on a manslaughter charge relating to a 2010 incident

Lamb Of God singer Randy Blythe has issued a statement following his acquittal on a charge of manslaughter in a Czech Republic court earlier this week.

His simple statement reads as follows:

I am leaving Prague. I hope not to return for a while.

The metal band’s frontman was accused of causing injuries which led to the death of a fan during a gig in Prague in 2010. According to reports from the time, a fan named Daniel Nosek jumped up onstage and a tussle ensued. The victim fell from the stage and hit his head on the venue’s concrete floor and later died, reportedly as a result of those injuries. Blythe was originally arrested on June 27, 2012 at Prague airport over an incident that took place on May 24, 2010 at the band’s show at Club Abaton in Prague. He then spent 38 days behind bars before being released on August 3, 2012. He denied the charges and pleaded not guilty in court in February 4 this year.


New details emerging from the trial include Blythe’s words on the deceased crowd member. “[Daniel] was a fan of my band,” the singer said during his final courtroom appearance. “He was just a boy, and I wish he was still here.”

The news of Blythe’s acquittal was revealed by the singer himself, who posted a picture on Instagram with a caption reading: “I have been found not guilty & acquitted of all charges against me. I am a free man.” The picture shows Blythe standing under a sign saying, “Just Go Home”. The caption continues: “This photo was taken by my friend @aceyslade – it says it all. Please remember the family of Daniel Nosek in your thoughts & prayers in this difficult time. I only wish for them peace. Thank you for your support – Randy”.

The prosecution is launching an appeal against the not guilty verdict, and Nosek’s family could also pursue Lamb of God or the concert promoters in a civil lawsuit. Blythe has said that he met with the deceased’s family following the verdict, writing on Instagram, “All I will say about that is that they were very kind to me and displayed the utmost strength and class, and wished me a good life. I wish them only the best, and will keep them in my thoughts and prayers… this family did no wrong, and have shown me great kindness.”

After a visit to the Sedlec Ossuary – a chapel decorated with bones in the Czech town of Kutná Hora – Blythe again posted a message on the photo sharing network. “While I am relieved that my innocence was proven and apparently I shall not be going to prison, I am in no way, shape or form a happy man right now. A young man is still dead, and his family still suffers.”

Blythe added: “Not a single soul here has been rude or mean to me… I am leaving a part of myself here, I think,” he said. “Some bit of me will always roam these streets at night, and that is only fitting. Now I will go home and try to see what good I can make come out of the destruction that occurred here – it is the only correct thing to do.”

Blythe previously criticised the US government for failing to warn him that he was going to be arrested. The singer faced up to 10 years in prison if found guilty.