Leaving Neverland director Dan Reed has said he would consider making a sequel featuring more alleged victims of Michael Jackson.
- READ MORE: “I’m here to go against the lies”: we meet the Michael Jackson apologists protesting against ‘Leaving Neverland’ in London
The first part of the controversial documentary aired in the UK last night and featured extensive testimonies from James Safechuck and Wade Robson – who both allege that they were abused by the late singer as children.
But Reed now says that he would film a follow-up if fellow accusers Jordan Chandler and Gavin Arvizo agreed to speak.
Chandler famously secured a $23 million payout from Jackson in 1994, while Arvizo’s allegations sparked Jackson’s 2005 trial – which saw him found not guilty of child molestation charges.
“What’s interesting is to look at the Jordan Chandler civil case and criminal trial,” Reed told the Daily Mirror.
“Those are two films I’d like to make. But Gavin and Jordan would have to come forward.”
While both Arvizo and Chandler accuse Jackson of abusing them, the late star’s estate has vehemently denied the claims.
Despite widespread protests, the first half of Leaving Neverland was broadcast on Channel 4 earlier tonight (March 6). Viewers immediately took to social media to share their thoughts on the documentary, revealing a split in opinions on the contents of the film.
Many commented on the graphic retelling of the allegations, calling it “so uncomfortable and sickening to watch.”
A demonstration outside Channel 4’s London HQ took place earlier in the day,after the broadcaster refused to pull Leaving Neverland from its schedule, despite messages from fans and Jackson’s estate.