Alleged four person shooting at Lil Wayne’s house revealed to be a hoax

Miami police said the fake report came from a 'swatting' call

An alleged four person shooting at Lil Wayne‘s house has been revealed as a hoax.

Police arrived at the rapper’s Miami home yesterday (March 11) but were unable to find victims or a gunman, reports The Guardian.

Miami Beach Police tweeted about the incident, writing “unfortunately this appears to be a “Swatting” call. No victims /no injuries /no subject at 94 LaGorce.”

Swatting is a kind of prank call made to the emergency services. The police department received the call at 12.40pm ET yesterday from a man who said he had shot four poeple at Lil Wayne’s property.

Earlier this year Lil Wayne announced that he will release a free album titled ‘The Free Weezy Album’. The announcement came after it was reported that the rapper was suing his label Cash Money Records and its owner, Birdman, for $51m (£37m).

Lil Wayne believes Cash Money have violated his contract by not releasing his new album ‘Tha Carter V’. Birdman has gone on record as saying that ‘Tha Carter V’ is still set for release, however, with plans in place to release the long-awaited record “in due time”.

The reports of legal action follow repeated reports of disharmony between Wayne and his label, with the rapper previously claiming he was a prisoner until his album is released.

Earlier this year Lil Wayne released new mixtape ‘Sorry 4 The Wait 2’. The mixtape was intended as an apology to fans waiting for ‘Tha Carter V’.