Lil Wayne says his latest seizure scare was a ‘false alarm’

Rapper tells fans, 'I'm fine,' after concerns for his health were raised over the weekend

Lil Wayne has played down reports he suffered a third seizure in less than a month over the weekend.

On Twitter earlier today (July 12), the rapper branded the health scare a “false alarm” and reassured fans, “I’m good.”

TMZ had previously reported that Lil Wayne’s latest seizure occurred over the weekend as he was getting ready to perform at the TAO nightclub in Las Vegas.

The rapper is understood to have been hospitalised immediately following the seizure scare, forcing him to cancel his planned performance. He is then said to have returned to his Miami home to rest following a spell in intensive care.

Lil Wayne previously suffered two seizures on June 13. The seizures are thought to be linked to the rapper’s history of epilepsy. He first spoke about having the condition in 2012, after his plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Texas.

He told radio station Power 106 at the time: “I’m prone to seizures. I’ve had a bunch of them, but y’all never get to hear about them. It got real bad this time, because I had three in a row and my heartbeat went down to, like, 30%. The reason is plain stress – no rest, overworking myself.”