The rapper last reportedly suffered a seizure back in July, but told fans he was "all good"
Lil Wayne has denied that he suffered a seizure following the last-minute cancellation of a gig in Curaçao last weekend.
The rapper was set to headline the SummerFall Concert on the Dutch Caribbean island on Saturday (November 26), with reports suggesting that organisers had said that the 34-year-old had been unable to perform after suffering a seizure.
Lil Wayne’s management have since responded to the accusations, refuting the allegation that he had cancelled his show due to health problems. Wayne didn’t perform due to a “breach of contract”, his team have said today (via TMZ).
The rapper has suffered a number of seizures since 2012. The most recently reported incident occurred in July, but Wayne assured his fans that it was “a false alarm” and that he was “all good.”
Last month, Lil Wayne claimed that he “didn’t know” what racism is because of an incident when he was younger.
Speaking to The Associated Press, Wayne recalled a time when a police officer “white as snow” saved his life when he was 12 years old.
“Yeah, he was a cop, and my life was saved by a white man. I don’t know what racism is,” Wayne said, adding: “It’s the world out there. It’s not a certain part or a certain kind or a certain culture or whatever of people, it’s people — those people out there in that crowd”.
He continued: “I’m blessed to have that opportunity, so with that said I can only be honest with such a thing, I have never witnessed racism.”