Oh, what a feeling!
Lionel Richie has announced that he’s heading back to the UK this summer to play in towns that he’s never previously visited.
The soul icon, 68, returns after previously playing three nights at London’s O2 Arena and an acclaimed Pyramid Stage slot at Glastonbury Festival in 2015.
After kicking off the shows in Northampton on June 1, he’ll then head to Perth on June 3 before a lengthy stint of performances across the entirety of England.
Check out the tour dates in full below. You can buy tickets here, with a pre-sale beginning tomorrow morning.
- Friday 1 June Northampton, Franklin’s Gardens
- Sunday 3 June Perth, McDiarmid Park
- Tuesday 5 June London, Hampton Court Palace Festival
- Wednesday 6 June London, Hampton Court Palace Festival
- Sunday 10 June Lincoln, Lincolnshire Showground
- Wednesday 13 June Shrewsbury, Montgomery Waters Meadow
- Saturday 16 June Leigh, Leigh Sports Village
- Sunday 17 June Carlisle, Brunton Park
- Tuesday 19 June Scarborough, Open Air Theatre
- Thursday 21 June Chesterfield, Proact Stadium
- Saturday 23 June Hove, The 1st Central County Ground
- Sunday 24 June Holkham nr Wells-next-the-Sea , Holkham Hall
Describing the shows, Richie said: “I’ve been missing the UK and can’t wait to make my long awaited return and to see parts of the country I’ve never made it out to before. The fans are always incredible and they make the atmosphere at every show electric, so I look forward to singing along with them soon.”