Florence & The Machine has released a new Spotify session that sees her taking on the music of Tori Amos.
The singer, who released fourth album ‘High as Hope’ earlier this year, has covered Amos’ Cornflake Girl – and it features in a new Spotify Singles session.
The recording, which you can listen to below, also features a stripped back version of ‘Hunger’, the lead single to have emerged from the record.
Tomorrow, Florence Welch is in contention to win the Mercury Prize – but faces stiff competition from the likes of Wolf Alice and Nadine Shah.
Speaking to Rolling Stone, recently Welch revealed that she enters into a “trance” before performing by listening to a regularly-updated playlist, before zoning out.
“Sometimes I’ll put on something and listen to it over and over again,” she said. “I have to start giving myself over to whatever it is that’s in charge of performances — the performance spirit or whatever the fuck it is. I don’t know, because it’s not really me.”
At the end of the year, she’ll head out on a massive arena tour – including two shows at London’s O2 Arena.
Check the dates in full below and buy tickets here.
- Thursday November 15, Leeds First Direct Arena
- Friday November 16, Birmingham Genting Arena
- Saturday November 17, Glasgow The SSE Hydro
- Wednesday November 21, London The O2 Arena
- Friday November 23, Manchester Arena
- Sunday November 25, Brighton Centre
- Monday November 26, Cardiff Motorpoint Arena.