Machine Gun Kelly flew to New York City to support close friend Pete Davidson after he worried fans with an Instagram post over the weekend.
On Saturday, the SNL star and ex-fiancee of Ariana Grande sparked concern after a post on Instagram that was widely interpreted as being a possible suicide note.
“I’m doing my best to stay here for you but I actually don’t know how much longer I can last,” wrote Davidson. “All I’ve ever tried to do was help people. Just remember I told you so.”
But while his safety and location at the SNL studios was confirmed, it wasn’t long before close friend MGK took a trip to New York to support him.
“I’m in the plane now on the way to see Pete. gonna make sure he’s good, i promise. can’t have my boy in the darkness like that,” he wrote.
im in the plane now on the way to see Pete. gonna make sure he’s good, i promise. can’t have my boy in the darkness like that.
— colson (@machinegunkelly) December 15, 2018
MGK was later seen hugging Davidson outside the SNL studios.
On Saturday, Davidson praised Kanye West for speaking about mental health. Davidson has been open about his own mental health issues in a number of interviews. In the Instagram post the SNL star wrote: “Bravo Kanye West for standing up for yourself and speaking out against mental health. I can’t explain to you enough how difficult and scary it is to be honest about stuff like this.”
For help and advice on mental health:
- ‘Am I depressed?‘ – Help and advice on mental health and what to do next
- YOUNG MINDS – The voice for young people’s health and wellbeing
- CALM – The Campaign Against Living Miserably for young men
- The Samaritans – Confidential support 24 hours a day
- Help Musicians UK – Around the clock mental health support and advice for musicians
- Music Support Org – Help and support for musicians struggling with alcoholism, addiction, or mental health issues
- Time To Change – Let’s end mental health discrimination