Meek Mill facing a $6 million lawsuit as families seek compensation after concert shooting

It follows an incident outside of one of his gigs

Meek Mill is facing a lawsuit for $6 million following the deaths of two men outside a venue where Mill was performing.

As reported in The Blastthe families of the two men killed during the shooting are demanding $6 million to settle two “wrongful death” lawsuits against him.

The incident took pace in 2017 in Connecticut at The Oakdale Musical Theatre. The venue, along with Live Nation, have also been named in the lawsuit.

In court documents filed on November 21 by the estates of the two men killed, Jaquan Graves and Travis Ward, it shows that the families of both victims are, according to The Blast, “willing to settle” with each requesting $3 million.Both estates allege that Meek is responsible for the carnage, claiming his lyrics are responsible for “inciting violence”, with both using evidence of other incidents at his shows. Meek has previously denied all allegations.

Meanwhile, earlier this week, Meek said that he tried to talk Kanye West out of his visit to the White HouseSpeaking to Vulture, Mill, who was released from prison in April, discussed turning down an invite from Donald Trump to visit the White House himself. “I already knew that he don’t give a fuck about me or my kind,” he said. “It was too much of a game, and I wasn’t trying to be used like a pawn.”

Speaking about West’s own visit, the rapper said: “It was a mockery, really. I don’t think he addressed anything that had to do with what was tough on justice reform. He wasn’t prepared for it, and he shouldn’t have done it.”

Last week, Mill shared two new tracks – ‘Oodles O’ Noodles Babies’ and ‘Uptown Vibes’ – both of which are set to appear on his new album. ‘Championships’ will be released on Friday (November 30) and will be the rapper’s first album since 2017’s ‘Wins & Losses’.