Sibling says he noticed a dramatic change during late singer's final days
Michael Jackson‘s brother Jermaine has claimed that the late star was “toxically poisoned”.
The singer’s sibling insists in his book You Are Not Alone: Michael, Through A Brother’s Eyes, that Jackson had been on a constant search for pain medication ever since his hair caught fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in 1984. He claims his brother’s doctors made it too easy for him to switch up doses and medications and the singer struggled during his final days during preparations for his planned This Is It tour.
“There were some days that weren’t good days,” he told Access Hollywood. “Just imagine you’re trusting your doctors and you’re getting ready to do a show. You just put a $15 million (£9.5 million) payment on a home, you have a five-year plan beyond ‘This Is It’ and all of a sudden, you’re having these symptoms.
“Half of your body is hot, half is ice cold, you’re repeating yourself, you’re going left when you should go right onstage, you’re told to climb out of this feather-weight little, butterfly or something, a prop onstage (and) you can’t even lift it.”
Jackson added: “My brother has never had these symptoms in the past. These are signs of toxic poisoning in his system.”
The manslaugher trial of Dr Conrad Murray over the death of Jackson is due to take place later this month.