Pop star was to be creative force behind stage production
A stage adaptation of Michael Jackson‘s ‘Thriller’ video has reportedly been put on hold following the pop star’s sudden death last week (June 25).
Plans for the ‘Thriller’ musical got underway after the Nederlander Organization acquired rights to use songs from Jackson‘s two landmark albums ‘Thriller’ and ‘Off The Wall’. Jackson was to be heavily involved in the creative process of the stage production.
Now the organisation has said that they do not know what the fate of the musical will be. “We just don’t know what’s going to happen, and that’s all we’re saying for now,” a Nederlander spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times.
Read Michael Jackson’s obituary on NME.COM now.
–By our Los Angeles staff.
[url=”/about”] Find out more about NME.[/url]