A recording of call made to emergency services also surfaces
Doctors have completed a post-mortem on Michael Jackson, who died on Thursday (June 25) aged 50.
The late star’s body has now been released to his family but no funeral details have been made public. Seven hours after the post-mortem examination was completed, his family was allowed to claim his body, quietly eluding the media crowd outside the coroner’s office.
Los Angeles County Coroners spokesman Craig Harvey said there had been no indication of foul play, but he said the cause of death had been deferred.
Toxicology results have been ordered and could take up to six weeks.
“We know he was taking some prescription medication,” Harvey. There are unconfirmed reports that Jackson had been taking a daily dose of painkiller Demerol.
Jackson collapsed at his Los Angeles home around midday local time on Thursday.
A recording of the telephone call made to emergency services has been released, in which the caller said Jackson was unconscious and had stopped breathing.
His personal doctor – who witnessed his collapse – was trying to revive him, the caller said.
Michael Jackson‘s autopsy is set to take place in Los Angeles later today (June 26).
Read NME.COM‘s Michael Jackson obituary online now.
Michael Jackson – a We7 music tribute:
|Play Michael Jackson’s Music|