The Drug Enforcement Agency has contacted a pharmaceutical company about a batch of the drug propofol after the drug was found in the home of Michael Jackson following his death on June 25.
It emerged that two batches of the drug were recalled after 40 patients in Florida, Arizona and Missouri became ill after the drug was administered to them. The batch was found to be contaminated with bacteria.
A spokeswoman for Teva Pharmaceuticals says that investigators in the Jackson case contacted her about a different batch to the ones that were recalled, according to the Associated Press .
Propofol is a powerful anesthetic and is the generic version of Diprivan. It is usually only administered in hospitals.
–By our New York staff.
[url=”/about”]Find out more about NME.[/url]