It remains unclear whether the troubled singer used it to visit Britain recently...
Michael Jackson has been forced again to give up his passport to Californian authorities, though it remains unclear whether the singer used it to visit Britain.
Following child molestation charges against the singer in November, Michael Jackson‘s passport was seized – though later returned so he could travel to the UK for a promotional trip in December.
It is unknown whether he used the passport, as the star was still in the US on Christmas Day filming a TV interview, where he denied the charges against him.
Michael Jackson was due to leave the States on December 20, though reports at the time claimed the trip had been cancelled. Santa Barbara District Attorney Thomas Sneddon demanded two days later that the singer prove he was travelling or return the passport.
As reported by BBC News, Sneddon said that he had resolved the matter with Michael Jackson and his lawyer, Mark Geragos, on Christmas Eve.
Sneddon’s spokeswoman confirmed the passport had been returned, but did not reveal whether Michael Jackson had provided proof he had travelled. The initial plans for the trip would have seen him return to the US yesterday (January 6).
Kevin McLin, Michael Jackson‘s new spokesman, has not commented on the matter, though the singer’s then-spokesman Stuart Backerman said on December 22 that he believed that the trips were still on. Backerman resigned one week later over ‘strategic differences’ with other members of Michael Jackson‘s entourage.
Brian Oxman, a family friend of the Jacksons, previously told the Associated Press that Michael Jackson‘s brother Randy had told him that commitments in the UK had been cancelled.