Michael Jackson doctor Conrad Murray reportedly keen on return to medicine

Murray is due to be released from prison at the end of October

Dr Conrad Murray, the man jailed following the death of Michael Jackson, is reportedly keen on making his return to medicine following his release from prison.

Murray is due to be released from prison at the end of October, having been jailed for four years in November 2011 for the involuntary manslaughter of the pop singer. The doctor was given the maximum jail term after being found guilty of administering his patient with a lethal dose of painkiller Propofol.

However, with his release now imminent, a report by TMZ claims that Murray is keen to get back to work and plans to fight the revocation of his license in Texas and California. It is also reported that if he is not succesful in his bid to get his license back he will consider practising abroad.

“Murray is also taking solace in the fact that the jury in the MJ wrongful death trial concluded AEG was not off base in hiring him because he was a competent general practitioner,” the TMZ report claims. “Murray has practiced for 20 years and aside from the Propofol disaster, his record is unblemished. In fact, Murray has a legion of loyal patients who actually demonstrated on his behalf and were more than willing to fly from Texas to California to support him in court.”

Meanwhile, Katherine Jackson, the mother of Michael Jackson, is likely to appeal the recent verdict of her wrongful death lawsuit against AEG Live. The 83-year-old is confident that she and her lawyers have enough information to appeal the decision passed down by a US judge in the recent trial, according to lead lawyer Brian Panish.

Katherine Jackson filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the promoters of Jackson’s O2 Arena concerts, which he was rehearsing for at the time of his death on June 25, 2009. Jackson’s mother claimed that AEG Live were negligent in hiring Dr Conrad Murray, who was convicted in 2011 of involuntary manslaughter for giving Jackson an overdose of the anaesthetic propofol. She was seeking costs of around £985m.