Singer's third album will be released on June 30
Miguel has revealed that his new album ‘Wildheart’ will be released on June 30.
In an interview with US radio station HOT 97, the singer confirmed the release date and explained that the title related to his long-term relationship with his girlfriend.
“We’re human beings. We met at such a young age,” he said. “We’ve had breaks in between but we’ve stayed in each other’s lives for 10 years.”
“I really am wild hearted. I’m wild at heart,” he continued. “It just means that I follow my instincts. That’s what this album is about. She’s learned that. She’s had to adjust. Had to learn and also embrace, and I love her more for that.”
In January 2014, Miguel revealed he was working with Jessie Ware and J Cole on the album. However, he was reluctant to reveal any more details concerning featured artists and producers in the interview. Instead he teased fans with the promise of “something really special visually for the music on this album”.
‘Wildheart’ will be Miguel’s third album. The singer co-wrote ‘Kind Of… Sometimes… Maybe’, which appeared on Jessie Ware‘s ‘Tough Love’ album last year. He’s also collaborated with Janelle Monáe and Mariah Carey, and contributed to both the Girls and Hunger Games soundtracks since the release of his last album, 2012’s ‘Kaleidoscope Dream’.
Earlier this week (May 3), Miguel re-released his track ‘Coffee (Fucking)’ as a new, extended version featuring a guest verse from Wale. The track originally appeared as part of a surprise three-track EP released in December.
Elsewhere, the singer faces a fresh legal battle for his ill-fated stage leap at the Billboard Music Awards in 2013.
Intending to jump over fans and land on a separate part of the stage during a live performance of his song ‘Adorn’, Miguel miscalculated his dive and instead smashed into two female crowd members.
Speaking the following month, a lawyer for one of the women, Khyati Shah, said that his client may be brain damaged due to the incident, though no legal actions were ever reported.
Now it appears as though the second woman, Cindy Tsai, is suing the 29-year-old, as well as the MGM Grand, the venue where the show took place.