Glastonbury Festival organiser Michael Eavis has denied recent rumours that Miley Cyrus will appear at next year’s event.
The Sun recently reported that there are “initial plans, which are in very early stages” for Cyrus to perform at Worthy Farm in 2016.
“Miley’s been on the Eavis radar for a while,” a source allegedly told the newspaper. “She’s outrageous and there was interest in previous years, around the time of her ‘Bangerz’ tour last year and when her godmother Dolly Parton played the Pyramid [Stage].”
However, now speaking to The Mirror, Eavis said that although he thinks Cyrus is a “brilliant artist”, he denied the rumours, stating that the festival has “nothing in the pipeline with her”.
Eavis continued, “Our main focus is to discover a host of new artists we can showcase at Glastonbury 2016.”
Although Cyrus may not be headlining next year, Eavis stated that he’s not adverse to controversial acts performing at the festival.
“Kanye West was one of the best to take to the Glastonbury stage and silenced a lot of his critics,” he added. “However controversial the artist I’m sure they’ll take his stance and tell them: ‘Shh’.”
Eavis recently revealed that all the headliners have been booked for the next two instalments of the festival.
BBC Radio 1 reporter Sinéad Garvan spoke to Eavis on Tuesday night (September 8) at the AIM Awards, with the Glastonbury boss stating that four of the six headliners have topped the bill before and two are completely new.
Glastonbury Festival 2016 will take place at Worthy Farm from June 22-26.