Rick Ross has debuted a new track titled ‘100 Black Coffins’ – scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to listen.
The song will be featured on the soundtrack for the forthcoming new film from director Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained, and has been produced by actor Jamie Foxx, who takes on the titular role in the flick. The song is also featured in the trailer for the film, which you can watch at the bottom of the page.
James Brown and 2Pac will also feature on the soundtrack for Tarantino’s take on a Spaghetti Western. It’s the first time Oscar-winning Tarantino has collaborated with artists to create original music for a film.
The filmmaker said: “Most of these contributions came out of the artists’ own inspiration and their illustration of the film’s soul is invaluable. In addition to the new original songs I am also using a lot of older recordings on the soundtrack – many of which came from my personal vinyl collection.
“Instead of having the record companies give me new digitally cleaned up versions of these recordings from the 60s and 70s, I wanted to use the vinyl I’ve been listening to for years – complete with all the pops and cracks. I even kept the sound of the needle being put down on the record,” he added. “Basically because I wanted people’s experience to be the same as mine when they hear this soundtrack for the first time.”
The full tracklisting for the Django Unchained soundtrack is as follows:
2. Django (main theme) – Luis Bacalov, Rocky Roberts
3. The Braying Mule – Ennio Morricone
4. In That Case, Django, after you…
5. Lo Chiamavano King (his name is king) – Luis Bacalov, Edda Dell’orso
6. Freedom – Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton
7. Five-Thousand-Dollar Niggas And Gummy Mouth Bitches
8. La Corsa (2nd version) – Luis Bacalov
9. Sneaky Schultz And The Demise Of Sharp
10. I Got A Name – Jim Croce
11. I Giorni Dell’ira – Riz Ortolani
12. 100 Black Coffins – Rick Ross
13. Nicaragua – Jerry Goldsmith featuring Pat Metheny
14. Hildi’s Hot Box
15. Sister Sara’s Theme – Ennio Morricone
16. Ancora Qui – Ennio Morricone And Elisa
17. Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) – James Brown And 2Pac
18. Who Did That To You? – John Legend
19. Too Old To Die Young – Brother Dege
20. Stephen The Poker Player
21. Un Monumento – Ennio Morricone
22. Six Shots Two Guns
23. Trinity (Titoli) – Annibale E I Cantori Moderni