Matt Bellamy revealed the flurry of news in a recent Twitter Q&A session with fans
Muse frontman Matt Bellamy has denied reports that the band will headline this year’s Bestival, despite previously stating the opposite.
In May, the singer seemed to let slip that the group would be headlining the Isle Of Wight event.
He said at the Snooker World Championship: “We’re doing Download Festival, which is like the metal festival, and Bestival in Isle of Wight later in the year, and next year we’ll do our own tour obviously.”
Now, however, Bellamy has taken to Twitter to deny rumours of a surprise appearance. In a recent Twitter Q&A session with fans, the frontman replied to a fan’s query of when they’ll next play in the UK: “We’re not doing Bestival. Soon though I hope.”
Bellamy also confirmed that they’ll tour the US “later” in 2015″, with a European tour following “next year”. See all the tweets in full below.
Bestival runs at Robin Hill Country Park in the Isle Of Wight from September 10-13. Missy Elliott, Duran Duran and The Chemical Brothers will headline this year.
Muse released their seventh album ‘Drones’ in June, topping the UK Albums Chart in the process. The record sold 73,000 copies in its first week on sale and is the group’s fifth UK Number One of their career.
Matt Bellamy has claimed that ‘Drones’ is Muse’s best album, admitting, “That’s not something I’ve been able to say for a while.”
Bellamy also recently told NME about visiting the White House and talking conspiracy theories with former Secretary Of State Colin Powell.