Band confirm 2007 megashow
Muse have announced today (December 4) that they will headline a gig at the rebuilt Wembley Stadium next summer.
The trio who recently completed a three-night residence at Wembley Arena, will play at the home of English football on June 16. The gig will have a capacity approximately 75,000.
Three support acts will be announced soon.
Relishing the chance to play Britain’s biggest stadium frontman Matt Bellamy told NME.COM: “It feels right for us to play this venue. We’re ready for this kind of thing.”
Bellamy also confirmed that Muse would play other big European gigs around this time.
Tickets go onsale on Saturday (December 9) at 9am. To check ticket availability after then go to NME.COM/Gigs.
The original “twin towers” Wembley stadium was demolished in 2002 and a new 90,000 (for football) capacity structure was erected in its place.
The building of the new stadium has been troubled, with its opening delayed from last year, causing shows by acts including Bon Jovi, Take That and Robbie Williams to be moved to alternative venues last summer.
However Wembley is now expected to launch this coming May when it hosts the FA Cup Final.
So far Muse are the only confirmed concert for the new stadium, but a spokesperson for the stadium said more Wembley concerts for 2007 are due to be announced soon.
A spokesperson for the venue said it was possible Muse would be the first British act to perform at the venue but hinted another concert could take place ahead of June 16.