Kills and husband Willy moon called a contestant on New Zealand 'X Factor' 'creepy' and 'disgusting'
Sources say that British pop star Natalia Kills had already been dropped by her record label even before the recent “bullying” controversy which saw her lose her job as a host of New Zealand’s ‘X Factor’.
The singer released both her debut album ‘Perfectionist’ and 2013 follow-up ‘Trouble’ through Cherrytree Records.
Now, a representative for Cherrytree Records in America allegedly told Daily Mail Australia: “Natalia and Cherrytree parted ways months ago”.
Kills and her husband, Willy Moon, were removed from the show after a live episode on Saturday (March 14) in which the pair harshly criticised contestant Joe Irvine following his performance.
The controversial moment, which you can see below, came when the couple began their critique of Irvine. Kills started by saying that Irvine was copying her husband’s style and adding: “You’re a laughing stock. It’s cheesy, it’s disgusting. I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious. I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion… You make me sick.”
Moon, who is originally from New Zealand and married Kills in 2014, then added: “It’s like Norman Bates dressing up in his mother’s clothing. It’s just a little bit creepy,” said the New Zealand-born singer-songwriter, referencing the central character in the movie Psycho. “I feel like you’re going to stitch someone’s skin to your face and then kill everyone in the audience.”
The Guardian reports that TV3 came under “extreme pressure” from from sponsors to fire the pair after the clip went viral on Sunday (March 15). TV3 described the incident as “bullying” on its Facebook page and added: “We have decided Natalia Kills and Willy Moon are no longer suitable to judge The X Factor NZ and have been removed from the show.”
X Factor has also issued a statement which reads: “MediaWorks has removed Natalia Kills and Willy Moon from The X Factor NZ judging panel.”
Fellow judges Stan Walker, a former winner of Australian Idol, and All Saints singer Melanie Blatt will continue as the sole judges on the show while replacements for Kills and Moon are found.