Nicki Minaj considered axing tour following murder of crew member

Rapper says Pinkprint tour continues "in his memory"

Nicki Minaj has said she considered pulling her upcoming Pinkprint tour following the murder of crew member De’Von Pickett.

The 29-year-old was stabbed to death in a bar in Philadelphia last month. A 31-year-old man, Pierce Boykin, has been charged with the murder.

Speaking to Metro’s Guilty Pleasures, Minaj revealed that she did consider canceling the entire tour, but decided “I can’t let anything stop us from putting on the show because that would be quitting. So we’re going to continue the tour in his memory.”

Minaj also spoke about how difficult it was to rehearse after the tragic incident. “My band members took it very hard. They were with him all the time and toured with him for years. When I came to rehearsal after he had been killed, the look on everyone’s face – it was heart wrenching.”

Minaj’s tour arrives in the UK on March 28. She is also set to perform at this year’s Wireless Festival, which takes place between July 3-5 at Finsbury Park in London. Headlined by Drake, Avicii and David Guetta, the event will also see performances from Kendrick Lamar, Jessie J and Clean Bandit.

Nicki Minaj will play:

London The O2 (March 28)
Belfast Odyssey Arena (April 1)
Birmingham Barclaycard Arena (3)
Manchester Arena (4)
Liverpool Echo Arena (6)
Nottingham Capital FM Arena (7)
Leeds First Direct Arena (9)
Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (10)
Glasgow SSE Hydro (12)