Find out which song you named the best
This week NME and Xfm have announced the 50 Greatest Indie Anthems Ever – as voted for by you.
We’ve counted up all the songs you suggested and now on NME.COM we’re getting ready to reveal who has made the cut, and which song you have proclaimed the Number One Indie Anthem Ever.
The full list, plus exclusive interviews with the acts who’ve made it, features in this week’s issue of NME, which hits UK newsstands today (May 2).
Despite both The Smiths and The Libertines getting two songs each into the Top Ten, it’s Oasis who are behind your Greatest Indie Anthem Ever’, with 1994 single ’Live Forever’ taking the most of your votes.
So here’s Greatest Indie Anthems Ever Top Ten:
1. Oasis – ‘Live Forever’
2. Nirvana – ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’
3. Pulp – ‘Common People’
4. The Smiths – ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’
5. The Libertines – ‘Don’t Look Back Into The Sun’
6. The Libertines – ‘Time For Heroes’
7. The Smiths – ‘How Soon Is Now?’
8. The Stone Roses – ‘I Am The Resurrection’
9 The Strokes – ‘Last Nite’
10 Arctic Monkeys – ‘I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor’
Also a special show based on the list will feature on XFM between 2-4pm on Monday (May 7) so be sure to tune in. Go to Xfm.co.uk for more information.