Gerald Levert killed by over the counter drugs
R&B star Gerald Levert was killed by an accidental mixture of over the counter and prescription drugs, according to a US coroner.
The Grammy nominated R&B star had pain killers, anxiety medication and allergy drugs in his bloodstream when he died on November 10. He was 40.
The official cause of death was acute intoxication, and his death was ruled to be accidental, ruled Cleveland corner Kevin Chartrand.
The autopsy also revealed that Levert had pneumonia when he died.
Levert had a Top 10 hit with ï¿½Casanovaï¿½ with trio Levert in 1987.
He also recorded with the likes of Barry White and Anita Baker, reports BBC News.