Police hunting Parklife Festival killer arrest man on suspicion of murder

31 year old man arrested in Cheshire in investigation into Robert Hart's death

Police hunting the killer of a man at the Parklife Weekender in Manchester have made their first arrest.

A 31 year old male was arrested in Cheshire this morning (June 21) on suspicion of Robert Hart’s murder, reports The Manchester Evening News. He remains in custody for questioning.

Police are said to have received “unprecedented” amounts of footage and pictures from the festival in their search for the guilty party. Meanwhile, festival organisers have offered a cash reward for information on the person responsible for the death of 26 year old Hart.

Hart died in hospital after what police described as a “brutal assault” at the festival on June 7. It was reported that he was attacked after protecting his girlfriend from being hit repeatedly with an inflatable toy while waiting for Snoop Dogg’s headline set at the festival.

Greater Manchester Police said that the man they believe is responsible for the attack is approximately 25 years old, six feet tall, with short, curly, black hair shaved at the sides and have revealed an E-fit image, pictured right. He was wearing shorts and a blue, bomber-style jacket with the letter ‘A’ in white on the front.

A statement from Parklife’s organisers given to NME immediately after the event read: “Everyone involved in Parklife is devastated by today’s deeply sad announcement. Our sincerest and heartfelt condolences go out to Rob’s family and friends at this difficult time. We will continue to assist Greater Manchester Police with its investigation and urge anyone that may have witnessed the incident to contact the Police through any official channel available to them.”

In a separate incident, two men were stabbed at the same festival, also on June 7. Reports suggest the men were wounded ‘during a brawl’ at the festival in the city’s Heaton Park. One of the men was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary with serious but non-life-threatening injuries whilst the other was treated on site. Two men were arrested after police were called to the site at around 7.30pm.